Malai Kofta / Easy Step wise Recipe;
Malai Kofta: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Malai Koftas is a delicious North Indian speciality dish. It is a vegetarian alternative to meatballs & It goes very well with any flat breads or with Jeera rice. It makes a rich main dish for any special occasion.
In this famous recipe, Malai ( cream ) and Kofta ( paneer with veggie balls ) are prepared separately and combined together while serving. The richness of cream & aromatic flavor of spices makes this dish a favorite choice of all..!
Here is the delicous recipe of Malai Kofta for you to try & enjoy at your home..:)
- Shredded Paneer - 1 cup
- Boiled mashed potatoes - 1 cup
- Minced cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Chopped green chilly - 1 tsp
- Oil to fry
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 ½ tbsp
- Water - 4 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Tomato - 2
- Green chilly - 1
- Ginger - a small piece
- Asafetida / hing - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
- Fresh cream - ¼ cup
- Maida flour - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
To Prepare Koftas:
- Mix all the ingredients together for kofta.
- Add ½ tbsp maida and knead to soft dough.
- Make them in round balls.
- Mix 2 ½ tbsp maida with about 3 to 4 tbsp of water.
- Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat
- Dip the paneer balls in the batter and gently drop in hot oil.
- Turn them occasionally and fry Koftas until golden brown all around.
- Soft & crispy Koftas are ready.
10. Drain in kitchen tissue and reserve.
To Prepare Gravy :
- Blend the tomatoes, green chillies and ginger to make a puree.
- Mix fresh cream, maida flour to smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frypan.
- Add the cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Add the tomato puree, coriander pwd, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and cook covered for about 4 mins in low medium flame.
- Tomato mixture will start leaving the oil and will reduce to about half in quantity.
- Now add fresh cream–maida flour mix, salt and combine well.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it cook covered for 6 to 7 mins.
- Add the garam masala pwd, salt and freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
- Let it cook for another minute.
- Now the gravy is ready.
- Add koftas and as soon it comes to boil , turn off the heat.
- Yummy Malay Kofta is ready .
- Serve hot with any kind of bread or with plain rice.
- Since Koftas are very soft, take care to add them to the gravy, just few minutes before serving, otherwise they tend to break..!