How to make Garlic Naan ( yeast free ) / Step by Step Recipe:
Garlic Naan ( yeast free ) Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Garlic Naan is a North Indian flat bread, infused with a nice garlic & coriander flavor..!
I love to make this best naan recipe all the time & it is a big hit with the family..:)
This oval shaped flat bread is quick & easy to make at home & is perfect for any occasion.
Try this easy yummy recipe today & you can’t get it wrong..:)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Baking pwd - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Yoghurt - ¼ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Grated garlic - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - ¼ cup
- Take Maida flour in a wide bowl.
- Add baking pwd, baking soda and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add yoghurt and combine.
- Now add little water and knead to smooth dough.
- The perfect consistency of the dough should be soft & sticky to hands.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Cover it with a damp cloth & keep it in warm place for 3 to 4 hrs.
- You can see the dough has rised up so nicely.
- The consistency of the dough is still more sticky now.
- Sprinkle little maida flour and try to roll it to small balls. ( take care not to add more flour, as it makes the dough thick )
- This dough can also be used for pizza’s & breads
- Now dust your hands with APF and just press the dough ball to oval shape.of ½ inch thickness ( or roll it gently with rolling pin)
- Grate garlic and coriander leaves finely.
- Sprinkle them on top of naan.
- Roll it slightly with rolling pin, so that it gets pressed along the naan.
- Now for roasting, we need a hot skillet & a wire rack over stove top.
- ( we can bake it in oven also, by setting oven at maximum temp. like 550 degree Farenheit for 7 mins or until baked )
- For roasting it in skillet, heat the skillet until its hot.
- Place the naan over it.
- When small bubbles start appearing on top of naan, roast it on other side.
- Once it gets slightly golden spots on the other side as well, take out from skillet..
- Place it on wire rack and put it on direct heat.
- Keep the flame in medium to low heat ( take care not to burn the naan )
- Flip it over to next side,
- You can see how nicely the naan puffs up in the wire rack.
- When its cooked on both sides, take it out.
- Brush some butter over it.
- It has got very nice crunchy outside & very soft, moist flaky inside with a tempting aroma from garlic & coriander leaves. ( can also sprinkle little chat masala over it for added flavor )
- Perfect flaky restaurant style Garlic Naan is ready.
- Enjoy hot with any North Indian curry.