Basundi Recipe / Easy Basundi Dessert Recipe
Basundi Sweet: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Wishing A Very Happy & relaxing Father’s Day to all the great dads out there !!
" Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a Dad..! "
In this special day, I wish my loving Dad a very Happy Father’s Day & I would also like to wish my dear hubby, who’s an amazing father, husband & friend ..:)
Today, I prepared Basundi Sweet & it came out really well. Everyone loved its scrumptious, creamy & rich taste..:))
The recipe is just too good…try this sumptuous dessert at your home for your loved ones today...!
- Whole Milk - 1 litre
- Saffron - a pinch
- Cashews chopped - 1 tbsp
- Almonds chopped - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg pwd - a pinch
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 5 tbsp or to taste
- Take whole milk in a wide pan.
- Make sure the pan is thick bottomed, as we’re going to reduce the milk to half its content.
- Boil the milk in medium flame on stove top with continous stirring.
- Continuously scrape the sides and bottom of the pan to ensure the milk doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Stir the milk continuously.
- Once the milk is reduced to half its consistency, add few shreds of saffron
- This imparts rich color & flavor to basundi.
- Slice cashew & almonds to fine pieces.
- Add this nuts to the thick milk mixture.
- Stir well
- Further cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add nutmeg pwd and cardamom pwd. ( this enhances very rich flavor )
- Keep cooking this on low flame
- To get the grainy texture of basundi, we’re going to add 4 to 5 drops of fresh lime juice. ( take care not to add, too much drops of lime juice, as it curdles milk…we just need grainy texture )
- Mix it well.
- Now you can see milk is attaining grainy consistency
- Add sugar and combine. Turn off the flame.
- Now delicious basundi is ready. ( It attains thicker consistency on cooling )
- Serve basundi warm or chilled with grated pistachios & almond nuts garnishing. ( it tastes so great, when it is cold )
- Enjoy creamy & thick home made Basundi ..:)
Similar Sweet Recipes