Veg Pulav is a healthy & delicious one pot meal with spicy vegetables and rice..!!
Basmati rice plays an important role in this rich & exotic rice dish. The flavorful aroma makes this pulav very inviting & makes it a special dish for quick & easy dinner options for parties & get-togethers.
It is best served with raitha..!!!
Lets see how to make delicious Vegetable Pulao using this simple recipe..:)
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Yoghurd - 1 small cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Crushed pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Saffron color - a pinch
- Chopped cilantro & mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cloves - 4
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon - 2
- Star anise - 1
- Mace- Javetri - 1
- Marathi Moghu - 1
- Potatoes cubed - 1 cup
- Sliced carrot, beans - 1 ½ cup
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 5 mins.
- Drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Chop onion, green chilly, cilantro & mint leaves. Keep the spices & yoghurd to be added ready.
- Chop vegetables to fine slices.
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Add spices and wait to crackle
- Add finely chopped onion, cumin seeds, salt and cook nicely to light pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add finely chopped cilantro, mint leaves & green chilly.
- Now add crushed pepper corns, cumin pwd, coriander pwd.
- Mix well & add red chilly pwd.
- Add sliced vegetables and sauté well in the masala for a minute.
- Add yoghurt and combine well.
- Now in electric cooker vessel, add the basmati rice and 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Add the pulav masala ( step 13) and mix well.
- Cover and and switch on the electric cooker.
- When the pulav is three-fourth done, put a few drops of saffron color mixed with water.
- Close the lid and allow the pulav to cook completely.
- When the rice cooker automatically switches off, just leave it for 5 to 10 mins to rest. ( this helps the pulav to get cooked evenly )
- Fluff it gently.
- Serve hot Vegetable Pulav with side dish of your choice.
- It serves as a great meal with raitha or any curry..:)