Vegetable Manchurian / Easy Step by Step recipe:
Subscribe here for more Video Recipes
Veg Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese recipe, which is one of the most popular & super tasty dish..!
This delicious appetizer is really easy to make at home. It is made from finely minced cabbage, carrot, spring onions, coated with corn flour and deep fried to Manchurian balls , then dipped in a tangy hot sauce.
My kids & hubby love this with Veg pulav . Also it makes a great combo with noodles, fried rice or with plain rice.
So here is the easy to follow healthy Vegetable Manchurian recipe..:)
- Cabbage grated - 2 cups
- Carrot grated - 1 cup
- Chopped spring onion - ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1
- Maida / All purpose flour - ¼ cup
- Corn flour - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Chilly sauce - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Tomato sauce - 3 to 5 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Grate cabbage & carrots to fine shreds.
- Squeeze water from them and reserve.
- Chop spring onion greens to small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated cabbage, carrots and spring onion.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and finely chopped green chilly.
- Add salt to taste
- Mix them very well.
- Mix well and knead to soft dough ( as the vegetables has water content, no need to add water )
- Make small balls out of it.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a frypan.
- Add the vegetable balls in hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium heat to golden & crisp.
- Drain and keep it in kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- Now the Manchurians are ready.
- Lets proceed to prepare the sauce for it.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai / pan add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Add chilly sauce & tomato sauce to it.
- Add dark soya sauce, little salt, corn flour paste ( 1 tbsp corn flour + 1/4 cup water ) and mix well.
- Heat the pan with the sauce in low medium flame.
- Add half cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the flame. Gently add the fried Manchurian balls to the gravy.
- Stir well.
- Place them in the serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions.