Restaurant style Gobi 65:
Gobi 65 is a yummy dish that tastes scrumptious as a starter or tea time snack..!!
I prepared this as a side dish for veg fried rice, & we loved it very much.
Also, it’s a party hit recipe, for its attractive fiery red color & exotic taste. It is so easy to prepare & kidz love it more.
Its also called chilly gobi for its spicy garam masala and chilly pwd mixes. It goes great with rice, chapatti, etc.
Here’s your favorite restaurant style gobi 65 recipe..!
Try at your home & make your meals more colorful..:)
- Cauliflower / gobi - 1
- Maida flour / All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Corn flour - ¾ cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - ½ tsp
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 ½ tsp
- White pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Orange red food color - a generous pinch
- Garam masala pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Clean, wash and slice gobi to fine florets.
- In a mixing bowl, add all pupose flour, corn flour, salt & red chilly pwd.
- Combine well.
- Add vinegar & dark soya sauce.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well .
- Add pepper pwd, red food color.
- Add little water and stir well, so that there are no lumps.
- The batter should be of thick consistency, so take care while adding water.
- Now the smooth batter is ready.
- To this add garam masala pwd & ¼ tsp chicken 65 pwd ( optional )
- Stir well and add gobi florets to this.
- Mix well to coat all the florets to this masala paste.
- Heat oil in a wok / frypan.
- Drop the coated florets gently in batches to hot oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame to golden.
- Once they’re crisp, drain from oil.
- Drain the excess oil in paper towel & arrange in serving plate with garnishing.
- Lipsmacking gobi 65 is ready to enjoy as a starter / appetitzer.
- Prepare the batter well in advance and marinate the cauliflower florets for good 2 to 3 hrs. This tastes great. ( But if you’re short of time & no time for marinating, no probs, just skip marinating, then also you’ll end up with delicious plate of gobi 65.)