Moong Dal Paratha / Healthy breakfast menu
Moong Dal Paratha: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Moong Dal Paratha is another healthy & popular flatbread of Indian cuisine..!!
Among the stuffed parathas, moong paratha is something different & is much healthier coz of its protein value. In this recipe, the moong dal is steamed & sautéed in mild spices, then combined with wheat flour & kneaded together to smooth dough.
This paratha tastes awesome & we can enjoy it for breakfast or for dinner with plain curd & any curry as side dish. It makes a complete meal in itself...!
Make delicious Moong dal paratha using this simple recipe & you’ll surely love it...:)
- Whole green moong bean - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Onion - 1
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Lemon juice - few drops
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash & soak Moong dal overnight.
- Drain excess water & pressure cook for one whistle ( or until soft )
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp oil.
- Add cumin seeds, wait to crackle.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté till transculent.
- Add chilly pwd, coriander pwd, turmeric pwd, salt & mix well.
- Add cooked moong dal and combine gently.
- Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Add a tsp of lemon juice, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- In a wide bowl, take wheat flour with ½ tsp salt.
- Add the moong dal mixture prepared above.
- Slowly add some water and knead it.
- Add a tbsp of oil and knead it , until it forms a smooth dough, to be able to roll.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap & let it sit aside for at least 20 mins.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- With a rolling pin, roll it to desired thickness & your comfort level in rolling.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour , if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Heat a tawa.
- Place the rolled paratha in the tawa.
- Cook for about half a minute, flip over & drizzle oil or ghee in around the paratha.
- Keep pressing the paratha while on skillet, so the dough gets cooked soft.
- Flip & cook the other side.
- Cook until light golden spots appear on the paratha.
- Take it off from heat.
- Repeat this process with the other parathas.
- Moong dal masala parathas are ready.
- Serve hot with a side of plain yoghurt, chutney or your favorite curry and savour it.