How to make Tandoori Roti at home:
Here is an easy Tandoori roti recipe, which can be prepared right at home without clay oven. It tastes just fabulous with chicken, lamb, mutton or with vegetarian curry dishes as well !
This very popular Indian unleavened bread is traditionally prepared in a clay oven called tandoor and enjoyed as a main course. Without tandoor at home, still we can cook this bread in stove top method using whole wheat flour or APF.
Try this easy to make at home recipe and amaze your family with restaurant style bread..:)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup
- Baking pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and baking pwd, combine well.
- Add little water and knead to smooth dough.
- The dough should not be thick, it should be soft & smooth.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic film and let it rest in fridge atleast for an hour.
- This makes the dough turns real smooth.
- Now take the dough out.
- You can see moisture over the dough.
- Sprinkle little APF and knead again to prevent sticking to hands.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Dip the ball in the flour & roll it to small disc ( like regular roti ) with rolling pin.
- Turn on the flame.
- Heat the cooking wire rack / girdle. ( you can find this in grocery stores )
- Place the rolled roti over it.
- Cook it on one side in direct flame.
- Once small bubbles appear over the surface, flip it over.
- Repeat the process, it will get cooked within 2 minutes, since its cooked directly in flame.
- Once we get the desired color & crispy texture, remove from flame.
- Delicious Tandoori roti with crispy outside and soft inside are ready now.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
21. Relish the smoky flavor of homemade Tandoori Roti with your favorite combo..:)