How to make KFC Chicken at home:
KFC used to be one of our few favorite fast food joints. We love fried chicken. Many times we have visited KFC to savor the taste of crispy & crunchy fried chicken & wished very much to make it at home.. So naturally, I end up heading out in search of fried chicken recipe & found this easy to make recipe..!
I tried it last week and it came out fabulous ! Now, this crisp, delicious fried chicken tenders has turned up as my kids favorite..:)
If you want to bring KFC chicken at home, this is the yummy recipe & trust me its finger licking good..!
- Chicken pieces with skin - ½ kg
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - 2 to 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Garlic pwd - 2 tsp
- Onion pwd - 2 to 3 tsp
- Paprika pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
- Bread crumbs - 2 tbsp
- Crushed Oats - 2 tbsp
- Oil - to fry
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Wash & clean the chicken pieces. ( dont remove the skin )
- Pat dry using paper towel & keep it aside.
- Prepare marinade with the given ingredients.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and turn to coat.
- Marinate for 1 to 2 hrs.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, pour the milk and whisk... till a smooth mixture is obtained, set it aside.
- In a plate or bowl stir, plain flour , garlic pwd, onion pwd, red chilly pwd/ paprika, pepper pwd, bread crumbs, crushed oats & salt until well mixed.
- Take a piece of chicken, add to the flour mixture & cover the chicken with it.
- Now dip in the whisked egg mixture.
- And then again back into the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and keep aside.
- Repaeat the same dipping & covering process for all chicken pieces till they’re generously coated.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wide skillet.
- Add 4 to 5 pieces of chicken and deep fry in hot oil.
- Take care not to crowd pieces.
- Turn the flame to low medium and fry chicken until it turns golden brown.
- Turn over the pieces gently, every few minutes & cook to crisp.
- Chicken is done, when it is browned on all the sides.
- Remove from flame & place on kitchen tissue to drain.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Homemade lipsmacking fried chicken is done..
- And ready to be served..!
- You can see the chicken is cooked crisp to edges with juicy & savory inside.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchp or any sauce..!