Prawn Masala Curry / Shrimp Masala
Subscribe here for more Video RecipesPrawn Masala
Prawn Masala Curry is an easy & mouthwatering seafood dish. We love the freshness, natural flavor & succulence of the prawns. The best part of the amazing prawns is that it is very tasty when cooked with any of the ingredients.
This is a simple & easy to make recipe, which gives the taste of prawns and spices. In this recipe, the prawns are cooked in a tomato based spicy curry.
This spicy & rich masala laden curry goes very well with a combination of chapathi, roti & rice.
Here is the recipe to prepare hot & spicy Prawn masala curry, Indian style !
- Shrimp / Prawn - ½ kg
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwd - ¾ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Tomatoes - 2
- Black pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Peel , de-vein and wash Shrimp.
- Marinade with turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, red chilly pwd and fresh lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a skillet.
- Add cumin seeds and wait to crackle.
- Add chopped onions.
- Fry till transculent and light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add sliced green chillies and finely mashed tomatoes.
- Cook till oil separates.
- Add marinated shrimp, salt and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring in between.
- Sprinkle some black pepper pwd for additional spice.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir.
- The shrimp should be well done by now.
- Continue cooking.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and simmer until gravy begins to thicken or reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Mouthwatering Shrimp Masala ready to taste.!
· Prawn 65
· Fish Fry