Potato Fry / Spicy Aloo Roast / Urulai Varuval
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Potato Fry ~ South Indian Style
Potatoes might be one of those veggies which are liked by almost everyone. I must say this is one of my fav potato dishes, just a simple & tasty fry..!
We can enjoy this spicy potato curry with sambar rice, lemon rice, coconut rice, curd rice, fried rice etc. Also, we can carry this when we are on a small tour as side dish for our packed food..!!
This potato fry recipe is kids all time favorite even elders just love its versatile taste. This is a must try recipe, which is easy to prepare and can be modified according to your taste...!!!
Here is the yummy potato fry recipe with a dash of Indian spices !
- Potatoes - 3 to 4
- Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Split urad dal - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 to 6
- Onion medium - 2
- Tomato - 1
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes till tender.
- Allow them to cool and peel the skin.
- Slice them to cubes.
- Heat a non-stick pan with oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, asafetida, split urad dal and curry leaves.
- Wait to splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till they turn into light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft and juicy.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, pepper pwd and salt.
- Mix well, add ¼ cup of water and allow to cook in simmer.
- Once the masala attains thick gravy consistency, add sliced potatoes.
- Mix gently and cook on low flame for 5 to 7 mins.
- Drizzle oil to the sides to roast to few more mins.
- Now your spicy, tasty and easy potato fry is ready to serve..!
· Dum Aloo