Simple Kulcha recipe:
Today I’m going to share how to make super simple Indian flatbread / Kulcha at home..!!
It’s a lot like Naan, but the Naan is prepared with yeast, these delicacies are made with Baking powder / Sodium bicarbonate combo. This recipe is great for vegetarians, as it is yeast & egg free.
This happens to be one of my favorite breads I order, when we eat at restaurants. Making this immensely fluffy, soft bread at home is fuss free & makes use of simple ingredients, that are lying in our pantry !
It tastes great with any spicy & light side dish and will be a hit menu in any dinner party.
So, lets go ahead and get started preparing this classic Indianbread..:)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida flour - 2 cups
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Baking soda / sodiumbicarbonate – ¼ tsp
- Yoghurd - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Take maida flour in a wide bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, baking soda and combine.
- Add yoghurd and knead well.
- Add little oil and make soft & smooth dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let the dough rest to 30 mins, so that lactic acid in yoghurd can react with baking soda & we can make nice kulchas out of it.
- Now, make small lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- Flatten it to round shape, by dusting with maida flour. ( just like roti or chapatti .
- Put them in a skillet that is very hot.
- Cook it on medium high.
- Cook till both sides are nicely golden brown.
- When its done, dash some butter to it.
- Serve it hot with the curry of your choice.
- So nice pack of kulchas are ready ..enjoy..:)