Homemade Tortillas & Tomato Salsa / Step by Step Recipe
Home made Tortillas with Tomato Salsa: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
What could be better than a fresh, hot, homemade tortilla ?
Why buy them, while we can make them at home for a true authentic taste. This homemade flour tortillas recipe is very easy, and if you’ve never tasted fresh flour tortillas before, you should really give this a try...!!
When you compare these light and delicious tortillas to store-bought, there really is no comparison. Tortillas are one of the staples of Mexican cuisine, served up fried as tacos, rolled into soft burritos or layered enchiladas. It makes excellent picnic food cut into wedges or as wraps.
This recipe has been a huge hit with everyone who has ever tried it.
Try this recipe today, you are sure going to love it..;)
- Maida / All purpose flour - ¾ cup
- Wheat flour - ¼ cup
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Baking pwd - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Add both wheat and maida flour, salt and baking powder to a mixing bowl.
- Stir with a whisk for 30 seconds to combine dry ingredients.
- Add olive oil and knead well. ( you can add softened butter or any cooking oil too )
- Gradually add required hot water and knead to smooth dough.
- The dough has to be smooth, not too sticky or too tight.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rest 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll between your palms to make as smooth as possible.
- With a rolling pin, roll out each ball of dough into a thin circle about 6-7 inches across.
- Preheat a girdle / non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the tortilla in the hot pan and cook for one minute, or until small air bubbles appear.
- Flip over and cook for another minute, and then finish by flipping over one last time for another minute.
- During the third minute the tortilla will usually puff up, and slight golden dots will appear on the surface.
- Once finished, serve these warm tortillas with butter right off the pan.
- Enjoy with fresh tomato salsa or any side dish of your choice.
- Tortillas can also be frozen for future use.
Tomato Salsa recipe :
This is very simple to make and tastes awesome with a combo of tortillas, chips or with quesidallas.
Finely chopped green chillies make this salsa nippy and nice as it combines with tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime juice.
I am sure you’ll love the flavor and hot taste. Make it whenever you want it freshly and finish it off, as it tends to leave water.
Try this extremely simple, fresh tomato salsa recipe..:)
- Ripe Tomatoes - 2
- Onion - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Honey / sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - ¼ tsp
- Chilly tomato sauce ( optional ) – ½ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Wash, slice and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop onion & green chilly finely.
- Add pepper pwd, honey, finely chopped coriander leaves, fresh lemon juice, red chilly pwd, chilly tomato sauce and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now delicious fresh tomato salsa is ready for dipping.
Enjoy with tortillas or with chips, bruschetta & papads.