Homemade Grape Squash / Grape Syrup / Grape Juice recipe:
Homemade Grape Squash ~
Grape Juice recipe:
Ohooooo….it is too hot outside...!!! The sweltering heat is here now & its time to get cooled by having some chilled thirst quenchers...! When its homemade...sounds divine isn't it..:)
Yes, I'm glad to share today Grape Squash recipe, which is easy & so tasty ..!!
Grape squash is an easy and tasty preparation of making juice in to a concentrate & for storing it. Once stored, we can have fresh grape juice ready to drink anytime and not have to search for the store, to purchase bottled or concentrate.
Grapes are rightly called " Queen of fruits " , as it serves as a storehouse of numerous health promoters.
Some of the health facts of Grapes:
- Grape juice improves memory & decrease nervous exhaustion.
- Helps in healthy cardiovascular function.
- Increases the anti-oxidant level and helps developing immunity.
- It serves as a great metabolism booster.
- Helps to treat constipation, indigestion, fatigue & kidney disorder.
So, lets try out this easy recipe of grape squash today & enjoy ..:)
- Purple Grapes - 1 kg
- Sugar - 600 g
- Lemon juice - ½ cup
- Cloves - 2 to 3
- Soak and wash grapes in running water.
- In a pressure cooker, add grapes & cloves.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water to it.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles and turn off the flame.
- Open the lid after the pressure releases.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Mash the contents.
- Add to blender, blend well & transer to a bowl with a filter.
- Sieve well .
- Add sugar and lemon juice to the sieved juice and turn on flame.
- Heat it slowly with stirring in medium heat.
- When it boils, simmer the flame and stir occasionally.
- When it becomes slightly thick and attain one string consistency, turn off flame.
- Don’t wait for the squash to turn thicker while on stove, as it becomes thicker while cooling. So, switch off the flame when it is slightly thick.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep refrigerated.
- To serve, fill 1/3 of serving glass with the grape squash and remaining with chill water and stir well.
- Enjoy the delicious taste of grape juice from healthy homemade grape squash..:)