Happy Tamil New Year & Vishu / New Year Special Recipes / Coconut Milk Payasam
For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Happy Tamil New Year :
On this auspicious occasion of Chithirai Thirunaal, ( Tamil New Year ), wish you and your family a very Happy & Prosperous year ahead...!
May this year bless us with joy, prosperity and happiness..!!
Greetings of “ Puthandu Vazhthukal” ( Happy New Year ) are exchanged with fervor on this day.
Since this festival marks the beginning of the Tamil New year, food prepared is very special.
Today, we prepared delicious & healthy Coconut Milk Payasam for Swamy Neivedhiyam.
Let’s see the easy & tasty recipe..:)
- Moongdal - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Raw rice - 4 tbsp
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cashew - 5 to 6
- Raisins - 6 to 8
- Jaggery - ¾ cup
- Cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
- Saffron, pista, almond nuts for garnishing
- In a wide skillet, dry roast the moongdal till light red color.
- Mix both fried moong dal and raw rice, rinse it and pressure cook adding required water.
- Cook till the contents are mashed well.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind the grated coconut with ¼ cup of water.
- Strain thick coconut milk out of it and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew and raisins to light golden.
- Break jaggery to small pieces.
- Take it in a wide bowl, add ½ cup water and allow to boil with stirring.
- When the jaggery melts, stop stirring and remove from flame.
- Strain the jaggery liquid to remove impurities.
- Now add the jaggery liquid to mashed dal, rice mixture and combine well.
- Allow to boil in simmer.
- Once the raw smell of jaggery goes away, add the freshly ground thick coconut milk.
- When the mixture starts to bubble,add cardamom pwd, roasted cashew, raisins & turn off the flame.
- Transfer to serving bowl with saffron & grated pista, almond garnishing.
- Now the lipsmacking healthy coconut milk payasam is ready to enjoy..!
Enjoy the day with these traditional Tamil New Year dishes...
An exclusive treat from me to everyone !
Once again Happy Tamil New Year & a Very Happy Vishu to everyone !