Green Peas Masala / Masala Matar / Restaurant Style Gravy
Green Peas Masala : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Peas Masala is a delicious and excellent dish that goes well chapatti, roti, naan, poori , pulao etc. The recipe is very simple and can be prepared in just 15 minutes & yet taste superb.
Green peas are very healthy as they are low in calories with no cholesterol. They’re excellent source of folic acid & contain adequate amount of anti-oxidants.
This healthy dish is kids favorite too, as it is light on the appetite and not too spicy.!
Now onto the tasty & healthy peas masala recipe..:)
- Soaked green peas - 2 cups
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Kasoori methi / dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
To make Masala Paste:
- Onion - 2
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Red chilly - 1 or 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Cashew broken - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Chana masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Pressure cook green peas for one whistle and keep aside.
- Take care the peas shouldn’t be overcooked or mushy.
- Grind all the ingredients for the masala to a fine paste.
- Melt butter in a frypan.
- Add the masala paste and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add tomato puree and saute till the moisture evaporates.
- Add cooked peas, salt and one cup of water.
- Combine well.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Add fresh cream, sugar and mix.
Transfer to a serving dish
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Peas masala is ready to be served as a sidedish for chapathi, roti or with pulao.
- I used dried green peas, so soaked it overnight and pressure cooked it till soft. You can use fresh green peas also.
- Instead of pressure cooking, you can even cook peas separately and add to the gravy & cook for few minutes, till everything gets incorporated well.
- You can use frozen peas also. In that case do not pressure cook