Gobi Manchurian / Cauliflower Manchurian / Step by Step
Gobi Manchurian ~ Restaurant Style:
Gobi Manchurian is a favorite Indo-Chinese dish for almost everyone, including kids & adults.!
It is basically a Chinese dish but with dash of Indian spices, it has become more of a Indo–fusion creation.
In this recipe, the deep fried cauliflower fritters are cooked in sweet, sour, spicy and tangy Manchurian gravy prepared. The preparation is very easy and short time to cook.
Would serve as an excellent starter & appetizers for parties and family get-together functions..!!
Try this restaurant style of gobi Manchurian recipe at home & enjoy…!
- Gobi / Cauliflower - 1 large
- Gobi Manchurian mix - 50 g
- Oil - for deep frying
- Ginger minced - 1 tsp
- Garlic minced - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Green bell pepper / capsicum - ½ diced
- Soy sauce - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Chilly sauce - 1 ½ tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Sugar - ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - for garnishing
- Spring onion chopped - for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Clean and slice the cauliflower to small florets.
- Marinate them in the gobi Manchurian mix for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Deep fry the marinated cauliflower florets to golden brown & crisp.
Drain from hot oil.
- Keep aside in a kitchen tissue.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a deep pan.
- Add minced ginger & garlic.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add finely sliced onion and saute until transculent.
- Keep the flame in simmer and take care not to brown the onion slices, they should retain their crunchiness.
- Now add chopped bell peppers and saute for a minute at medium heat.
- Stir in the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, green chilly sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper pwd.
- Make a paste of corn flour with one cup of water without any lumps.
- Mix well and add corn flour paste and half cup of water.
- Taste and adjust salt and allow to cook for few minutes with continous stirring.
- Keep the flame in simmer and add fried cauliflower florets.
- Combine well.
- Add finely chopped cilantro and spring onion.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve hot with fried rice and noodles
· Gobi 65