Chicken Korma / Indian Chicken Curry
Chicken Korma : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Chicken Korma is another classic Non-vegetarian Dish, that is cooked in creamy coconut & cashew gravy...!!!
The tempting aroma of all the spices whilst preparing it are amazing. In this traditional style recipe, you’ll love the rich creamy taste that is sure to be a winner. The flavor of this dish is further enhanced by using mint & cilantro leaves.
It makes an unforgettable combo, when served on a bed of pulao rice or with Roti, Naan or any Indian breads.
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Yoghurd - ¼ cup
- Shahi jeera - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint & coriander leaves - handful
- Green chilly - 1
- Tomato - 2
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Coconut pieces - ½ cup
- Cashew nuts - 4
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and wash them really well.
- Put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt, shahi jeera, turmeric pwd, salt and red chilly pwd.
- Let it marinate for 30 mins.
- Now take a pan, add oil.
- When oil becomes hot, add chopped onion, and fry to transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly and saute for few seconds.
- Now add mashed tomato and combine.
- Allow to cook till oil separates.
- Add cumin pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala pwd, pepper pwd and stir well.
- Let it boil till all the masala combines to thick consistency.
- Now add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Meanwhile grate coconut to small pieces.
- Grind coconut pieces and cashew nuts with little water to smooth paste.
- Once the pressure turns off, gently stir the contents in cooker.
- Add the coconut cashew paste and allow to cook for another two minutes.
- Turn off flame and squeeze in a drop of lemon juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Now your delicious chicken korma is ready to serve hot with roti, naan, chapathi , poori or fried rice.