Cashew Masala / Creamy Cashew Curry
I’m back blogging and firstly want to extend my heartfelt thanks for your wonderful support & loving wishes. The comments that put a smile on my face. Not to mention all of YOUR blogs that I enjoy reading. I learn new things everyday and discover lots of new foods/recipes.
If you are wondering as to what I have been doing all these days..I was a little busy with my kids EXAMS. Now, I am back, refreshed and excited to share more awesome recipes..:)
Today, I m sharing my very favorite Cashew Masala Recipe with you. This is a thick gravy with lots of flavorful masala. Cashew nuts are simply divine & healthy that makes a luxury side dish for chapatti / roti.
This filling & delicious curry can easily be made. In this recipe, the cashewnuts are simmered in a spicy gravy with whole garam masala, which imparts a very nice arome.
Try this healthy recipe and enjoy the rich tasty curry with a royal touch, a hit in any party..!!!
- Cashew - 100 g
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Saffron - few strands
- Onion - 2
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Red chilly - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Tomato - 2
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- Soak ¾ of cashew in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a heavy skillet.
- Roast the remaining cashews to light golden brown in low flame.
- Drain, keep aside in a colander.
- Place the saffron in a small bowl, pour in boiling water and let soak for at least 10 mins.
- In the same pan, saute onion, ginger, garlic and red chillies until soft.
- Allow to cool and grind to fine paste.
- Keep it aside.
- Add soaked cashew nuts and grind further to fine paste to make masala.
- Now heat 2 tsp of ghee in a frypan.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it is soft and cooked.
- Stir in the red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
- Now add the yoghurt.
- Stirring occasionally, cook over moderate heat until the masala combines.
- Add ghee roasted cashews, prepared masala paste and half cup of water.
- Squeeze the saffron between your fingers, then stir it and its soaking liquid into the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for 10 mins, stirring in between.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle garam masala pwd.
- Mix well and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti, roti or naan.