Spicy Buttered Popcorn Snack
Spicy Stovetop Popcorn:
Mmmm…spicy crunchy Popcorn !
It’s one of the kids favorite healthy treat, when preparing for a children’s party. It tastes awesome with just plain butter & salt or can be flavored as per our choice.
There is something special about this warm homemade fluffy popped corns that it provides instant gratification in a way they are healthier than a lot of other snacks. It works really well with chilled drinks and beverages...!
Here is the easy recipe to make a perfect crunchy batch of popcorn, on your stove top with no burnt kernels.
- Organic corn kernels / popping corn - ½ cup
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - ¼ tsp
- Paprika ( optional ) - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottomed pan add oil, butter, salt , chilli pwd.
- Heat it on low medium heat.
- Add the corn kernels and cover the pot securely.
- Gently shake the pan by moving it back & forth over the burner.
- After a few minutes, the kernels will begin popping.
- Once the popping starts in earnest, it is important to lift and shake the pot occasionally.
- This helps distribute the kernels in the oil and lessens the chance of the popcorn burning while it pops.
- Once in a while try to keep the lid slightly ajar away from the face for a second only just to let the steam from the popcorn release so that the popcorns are crispy.
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer immediately to a dry bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and toss well.
- Enjoy warm crunchy spicy Popcorns.:)