Paneer Butter Masala / Restaurant Style Recipe :
Paneer Butter Masala:
Paneer Butter Masala is a yummy & irresistable dish for all those who love paneer...!!!
This popular Punjabi recipe made from Indian Cottage cheese / Paneer with smooth gravy, has all the goodness of delicious spices. This creamy and light buttery flavored dish is a easy and quick recipe, without compromising on the taste.
In this recipe, soft paneer chunks are dunked in a rich gravy, due to butter and is thickened by using onions, tomatoes and cashew paste rather than just cream. Its apt like the restaurant gravies. We love this with a combo of chapathi & roti and I have enjoyed cooking this several times..!
Enjoy the restaurant style taste at your home now with this yummy recipe..:)
- Paneer cubed - 250 g
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 3
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 3 to 4
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
- Cashewnuts paste - 3 tbsp
- Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves – ½ tsp
- Food color ( optional ) - a pinch
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a skillet.
- Saute the paneer cubes in it till golden.
- Drain and reserve.
- Now add finely chopped onion and saute till it is glassy.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till soft.
- Allow to cool and grind them to smooth paste.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the fry pan and heat it.
- Add the bay leaf and the cloves.
- Add onion tomato paste and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add red chilly pwd followed by the cashew paste.
- Fry for 5 minutes in low medium flame.
- Add crushed kasuri methi, coriander pwd, food color, turmeric pwd, garam masala and salt.
- Stir and let it simmer for sometime.
- Add the paneer cubes and simmer for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add a small cup of water and let it cook on low heat till you get the desired creamy consistency.
- Remove from flame, stir in remaining butter and fresh cream.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Delicious Paneer Butter Masala is ready to relish.