Mudakathan Keerai Dosai / Green Dosa / Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Kira Mudkthan dosa: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Mudakathan Keerai Dosai is my MIL’s signature dish and it is liked by everybody at our home including kids.
Mudakathan keerai ( Cardiospermum halicababum ) is a special variety of herb ( greens ) commonly seen in villages. This creeper has amazing health benefits & nutritional facts.
It is very helpful in curing joint / knee pain , for treating Gout, rheumatoid arthritis, skin diseases, cough, nervous disorder, piles, dysentery, diarrhea etc.
This greens is slightly bitter in taste, but the bitterness will reduce on cooking. This keerai can be made to ground paste and mixed well with common dosa batter also and crispy dosai's can be prepared. This goes well with any chutney of your choice.
Try this healthy crispy delights and I am sure it’ll be your favorite too !
- Mudkthan Kira - one Bunch
- Idly rice / parboiled rice - 2 cups
- The Office gave - ¼ cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin - 1 ½ tsp
- Pepper corns - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash & soak rice, urad dal & fenugreek seeds together for about 4 to 5 hrs.
- Grind it to smooth batter. ( add enough water, to make the batter slightly thin )
- Wash and chop mudakathan keerai to small pieces.
- Grind it to puree in a mixer with little water.
- Pour it to the rice batter , add salt and stir well.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 6 hrs.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a dosa tawa / girdle.
- Add coarsely crushed cumin and black pepper corns.
- Saute for a while and add asafetida.
- Transfer the contents to the batter.
- Combine well.
- Pour one big ladle of batter on the hot tawa and spread it round
- Drizzle one tsp of oil to the sides and cook both the sides to crisp.
- Serve hot with red chutney.
- Healthy & delicious Mudakathan Keerai dosai ready to taste..:)
Healthy kashayam can also be made with this medicinal leaves. Boil a handful of mudakathan keerai along with a tbsp of cumin seeds and a pinch of turmeric pwd in two cups of water for about 5 to 7 mins. Strain and drink hot.