Gobi Pulav is a very popular-tasty desi recipe from India. All food lovers would absolutely love this flavorful rice dish which has the essence of rice and gobi. It is the simplest of all flavored rice and can be prepared in a few minutes.
We know cauliflower is loaded with nutrients. Its low in fat, high in fibre contents. It has anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties. It strengthens the immune system and protects against cardiovascular diseases. Also it’s a very good source of vitamin C and manganese & has cancer fighting properties. So lets include this vegetable in our daily menu and enjoy the nutritional benefits.
This delicious pulav can be taken alone or with a combo of onion raitha & crisp chips. It is rich in nutrients and simply delicious. A few drops of ghee optionally adds amazing flavor to this rice & makes a ideal menu for lunch box for kids.
Try this different variety of pulav and see it disappear like magic.:)
- Cauliflower medium size - 1
- Basmati rice - 1 ½ cup
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 3 to 4 pods
- Tomato - 2
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Pulav masala - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Wash & soak rice in water for 10 mins.
- Drain the water and add 3 cups of water & pressure cook the rice.
- Spread and allow to cool. Take care the rice grains should be separate.
- Blanch the cauliflower to small sized florets.
- Boil 2 cups of water with a pinch of turmeric pwd and salt.
- Add the florets to the hot water and allow to remain for 5 mins.
- Drain the water completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Fry the cauliflowers adding ½ tsp of red chilly pwd.
- Keep it aside, once it is cooked.
- Chop onion, green chilly , ginger & garlic finely.
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender.
- Cook peas till it is soft and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil & 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Now add green chilly, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Then add tomato puree, turmeric pwd, salt, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, pulav masala and cook till the raw smell goes and oil separates.
- Now add the cooked cauliflowers , peas, cooked rice to the tomato gravy.
- Mix everything well and simmer for a few more seconds until everything gets blended well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with raitha or any side dish of your choice.
- Delicious & healthy cauliflower pulao is ready to relish..