Aloo Tikki is a very popular North Indian street food, served along with sweet & green chutney. It is very popular among all age groups as its so appetizing, spicy, delicious , mouthwatering , tempting & satisfying. It is one of my favorite with garam garam chai !
If you love potato, do try this tasty appetizer recipe. Make it during leisure and enjoy the versatile taste.
Here is the step by step recipe to make Aloo Tikki with simple Indian ingredients..:)
- Potatoes - 3 to 4
- Onion finely chopped - ¾ cup
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Amchoor pwd - ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala pwd - ¼ tsp
- Green chillies chopped - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Wash and boil the potatoes in their skin, until tender & soft. I cook them in pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes off, peel the skin and mash the potatoes.
- In a wide bowl, add the mashed potatoes, finely chopped onion, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, amchoor pwd, salt, ginger garlic paste, cumin pwd, chaat masala pwd, green chillies & coriander leaves.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice 1 tsp to it & mix thoroughly.
- With oiled hands, divide it into equal portions and roll them into balls.
- Flatten them to small disc shape.
- Coat it with bread crumbs.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame.
- Add oil and shallow fry 4 to 5 tikkis at a time.
- When they’re golden brown and crisp at both sides, remove the tikkis.
- Drain the excess oil by placing it in kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potato balls.
- Enjoy these hot tikkis with tomato ketchup & green chutney