Sweet Pongal Recipe
As you joyfully celebrate the colorful festival of Pongal, with a lot of fervor and cheer, this warm greetings comes your way, with a world of good wishes for every joy and happiness.
Wishing you & your family a very prosperous Pongal..!!!
Sweet Pongal / Chakkarai Pongal is one of the delicious dishes prepared on the occasion of PONGAL FESTIVAL. This festival is celebrated to honor the Sun god for a bountiful harvest and is celebrated by Tamil Communtiy everywhere in the world.
In this traditional recipe, rice is cooked with lentil and milk together in ghee and jaggery.
Try this tasty & quick version of Sweet Pongal..:)
· Rice - 1 cup
· Moong dal - ¼ cup
· Milk - ½ cup
· Ghee - ½ cup
· Cashew - ¼ cup
· Raisins - ¼ cup
· Cardamoms - 3 to 4
· Jaggery - 1 ½ cup
1. Dry roast moong dal until it starts to change its color.
2. Then soak rice and dhal for 10 minutes.
3. Add 2 ½ cups of water, milk, ghee and cook till the rice becomes tender.
4. Roast cashew, raisins and cardamom in ghee to golden.
5. In a separate pan take water and add jaggery to it.
6. Heat it till the later melts completely & forms a syrup consistency.
7. Strain it through a strainer to remove impurities.
8. Mash the cooked rice dhal mixture and mix the jaggery syrup.
9. Stir well by adding warm ghee.
10. Add golden roasted cashew, raisins and cardamom.
11. Combine by stirring gently.
12. Serve hot with lipsmacking crispy Vada combination.
Have a Happy Pongal..:)
With Best Wishes,