Peanut or Groundnut chutney makes a great accompaniment for many South Indian dishes like dosa / idli / samosa, pakoda or other fried snacks..!
It tastes fiery and easy to make. It just takes less than five minutes to cook .
Try out this delicious yet simple recipe of Peanut Chutney...!
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Roasted peanuts - 1 cup
- Tamarind - a little
- Red chilly - 2 or 3
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ¼ tsp
- Split urad dal - ¼ tsp
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - a few
- Salt to taste
- Grind the grated coconut pieces to fine shreds.
- Add roasted peanuts, tamarind, salt, red chilly along with salt and a half cup of water.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender / mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Once hot, add mustard, cumin seeds, red chilly, split urad dal and let it turn golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves, asafetida pwd and turn off heat.
- Pour over chutney & mix well.
- Serve hot with spongy idly & golden crisp dosa.