Peas Chat / Matar Ki Chat ~ Beach Style Version
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Peas Chat ~ Beach Style Matar Ki Chat
Hy Friends, today I am coming with Peas Chat – hot & spicy Indian chat made from dried Green peas. The moment, I saw this recipe on Radhika’s blog, couldn’t wait to give a try and it came out lipsmacking good !!
Radhika is a lovely friend and author of an inspirational food blog “ Tickling Palates “. I love her creativity and her exemplary presentation. It’s a huge pleasure to share her recipe here today. Just I modified the spice level slightly according to our taste.
Try this delicious Matar Ki Chat , you’ll love it !!!
- Dried green Peas - 1 cup
- Tomato - 3
- Besan flour - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
- Dry roasted & coarsely ground cumin - 1 tsp
- Dry roasted & finely ground dhaniya - 1 tsp
- Mango pwd / amchoor - 1 tsp
- Butter - ½ tsp
- Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash & soak peas overnight.
- Place in a pressure cooker with enough water and cook them with a pinch of salt till soft.
- Mash the tomatoes in blender and keep it ready.
- Take besan flour in a mixing bowl, add little water and make paste of it without any lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till transculent.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add red chilly pwd, roast cumin pwd, mango pwd, dhaniya / coriander pwd and cook further for 2 mins.
- Now add salt and liquid besan mixture.
- Stir well and cook over low flame till the raw smell of the besan disappears.
- Keep stirring in between as the besan might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cooked peas, combine and simmer for 4 to 5 mins
- Once the gravy thickens, add butter and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle chaat masala pwd and mix well.
- Transfer hot peas chat in a serving plate.
- Sprinkle finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, grated mango.
- Top it with crispy omapodi snack.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over it for the lipsmacking tangy taste.
Related Quick Links: