Mutton Korma / A Classic Non-vegetarian dish
Mutton Korma: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Here’s a real, rich & spicy South Indian special mutton korma recipe. It’s one of the delicious non-vegetarian dishes that tastes real good with Idly, dosa, chapatti or rice.
This Korma is typically made with marinating the main ingredient in yoghurd & spices and cooked in delicate blend of masala.
Try this healthy, easy to make mutton korma, which is packed with a punch of flavor..:)
- Mutton - ½ kg
- Yoghurd - ½ cup
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Onion big - 2
- Tomato - 3
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
- Red chilly - 2 to 3
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Saunf - ½ tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop mutton to small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add yoghurd, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and salt.
- Mix and coat the meat well.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onion , tomato to fine pieces.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic , red chilly and set aside.
- Grate coconut to pieces, add little water, saunf and make a thick paste of it.
- Heat oil in a deep , heavy bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, cardamom and saute for a minute.
- Add onion and saute till it turns reddish brown.
- Add ginger garlic red chilly paste and cook with constant stirring.
- Add garam masala pwd and fry till the oil separates from masala.
- Now add the marinated meat and fry well.
- Once the meat is sealed with the thick masala, add mashed tomatoes.
- Stir continuously to prevent the spices burning.
- Add 1 ½ cup water, transfer the contents to a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook till meat is cooked and done.
- Now add coconut paste, stir, cover and leave on very low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer korma into a serving dish.
- Serve hot with idly, dosa, naan or chapattis.
Related Quick Links: