Gobi Ka Paratha is a mouthwatering flat bread, stuffed with grated cauliflower & spices. It makes a quick breakfast and are best enjoyed with a bowl of spicy curry, yoghurd or pickle.
The ajwain or the carom seeds add a special touch to these parathas. It tastes awesome & very healthy since prepared by using whole wheat flour. My hubby & kids enjoy this flaky , delicious butter flavored parathas more for lunch with paneer butter masala combo.
Try this tasty & yummy Paratha recipe, which is sure to melt in your mouth.:)
- Cauliflower grated - 1 ½ cup
- Ajwain / Carom seeds - 1 tsp
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Onion - 1
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Ginger - ¼ inch piece
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Butter as required
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, ajwain seeds, salt and oil.
- Sprinkle water and knead it to soft smooth dough.
- Keep it covered.
To Make Filling:
- Wash and chop the cauliflower florets.
- Add water to a pan and heat it.
- Drop the cauliflower florets with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Allow to boil for 3 to 4 mins.
- Rinse in running water and place it on kitchen tissue to remove excess water.
- Now chop it to fine slices.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and wait to splutter.
- Add chopped onion and fry till golden.
- Add finely sliced ginger and green chilly.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and adjust the salt.
- Give a quick stir and add chopped cauliflower florets.
- Saute well on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame.
- Filling is ready.
To Make Paratha:
- Take two equal sized balls from the dough.
- Roll each ball using a rolling pin into flat round disc.
- Spread 2 to 3 tsp filling of cauliflower masala on one roti.
- Cover it with another roti and press down the edges to seal firmly.
- Dust some flour on it and roll out slightly.
- Transfer the paratha on to the hot skillet / tawa.
- Drizzle oil to the sides.
- Cook for few minutes, flipping in between.
- When both sides turn golden brown, dab little butter on it.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the dough & enjoy the yummy parathas.
- Serve hot with spicy curry, yoghurd or pickle.
Related Quick Links: