Chicken Manchurian / Indo - Chinese dish
Today, I am going to share here is the part of the Indo – Chinese Cuisine. Chicken Manchurian is a famous party appetizer that is very easy to prepare. It is very delicious & loved by all at my home. After a couple of trials, I settled with this easiest & yummiest recipe of Chicken Manchurian.
In this recipe, boneless chicken pieces are marinated in exotic spices and deep fried in oil and then cooked in spicy hot sauce. It makes a best combo with fried rice . Also it can be served as main course dish or snacks.
Try this tasty , all time favorite Indo – Chinese dish & enjoy ..:)
- Chicken boneless - ½ kg
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Egg - 1
- Lime juice / vinegar - ¼ tsp
- Salt as required
- Onion finely chopped - 1 cup
- Green chilly slit lengthwise - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 ½ tbsp
- Chilly sauce - 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Food color - a pinch
- Chicken stock - ¼ cup
- Spring onions chopped - for garnishing
- Oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, egg, corn flour, lime juice / vinegar and salt.
- Mix well and marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and fry the marinated chicken until it is well tender.
- Take cake not to overcook, as the chicken will turn hard ( if fried perfectly, the chicken will be soft & juicy )
- Drain and reserve the fried chicken pieces in kitchen tissue.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a fry pan.
- Add onion and saute till transculent.
- Add green chilly, chopped spring onion, ginger garlic paste and saute in low flame till raw smell disappears.
- Now add soy sauce, chilly sauce, tomato ketchup, food color, sugar and chicken stock.
- Stir well and bring it to a boil.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it.
- Combine and slow cook till all the sauce is fully absorbed with the chicken.
- Check for salt & seasonings.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Once the contents attains thick stage, transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Yummy & tempting chicken Manchurian dry is ready to relish.
If you prefer to have chicken Manchurian gravy as side to chapathi or rotis, mix 1 tbsp of corn flour with water and add this paste in step 13 and allow to cook for few minutes. This will give you tasty gravy.