Chettinad Style Egg Kuzhambu / Egg Masala Curry / Muttai Kuzhambu
Chettinad Style Egg Kuzhambu : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Those who like spicy & hot food always opt for Chettinad Cuisine.! It is one of the spiciest and the most aromatic in India. It is popular for its traditional & mouthwatering recipes, which is sure to tingle our tastebuds. I am a big fan of Chettinad food & its spicy aroma.
This Kuzhambu is a famous dish of Chettinad & I found the recipe in a youtube video, and it came out exactly the same taste as in restaurants. It was little thick, lipsmacking and instant hit in my home :)
This recipe is a good combination with plain white rice & roasted pappad or rotis.
Here is the spicy & tempting egg kuzhambu recipe.:)
- Eggs - 4
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Black pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Tamarind - small ball
- Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin for tempering - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 to 6
- Onion - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
- Tomato - 2
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Boil the eggs , remove the shells and keep aside.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds & black pepper corns , cool & grind to powder.
- Soak lemon sized ball of tamarind in ½ cup of water.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add fenugreek seeds, mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Once it popup, add onions and green chillies.
- Saute until onions are golden brown.
- And grated garlic, chopped tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric pwd, coriander powder, red chilly pwd and fry in medium heat for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add salt and ½ cup water and simmer for 5 more mins.
- Add thick tamarind juice, stir and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Check for salt & seasonings.
- Reduce flame and cook till you get the desired thick consistency.
- Now add the boiled eggs. Let it cook in the masala in simmer for 4 to 5 mins.
- Stir well & add the roasted cumin - pepper powder.
- Bring it to boil and turn off heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with plain white rice & pappad or with rotis.
Related Quick Links: