Badam Peda / Almond Fudge / Festival Sweet Recipes
Badam Peda: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
I hope you all enjoying the festive season and having a wonderful start of 2012. We had awesome New Year’s Eve celebration too with lots of yummy foods...:)
As mentioned earlier, here I am with the quick & easy step by step Badam Peda recipe for you.
Badam Peda is one of the hit recipes of North India. It is really simple to prepare and tastes wonderfully delicious.
This is a healthy recipe too, as almonds makes it more healthier & it involves less fat and sugar and requires just a few ingredients.
Get a sweet start on the New Year with this easy-to-make Almond Peda dessert..:)
- Almonds / badam - 1 cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Milk powder - ½ cup
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
- Food color - a pinch
- Grated pistachios, cashew, almond - for garnishing
- Soak almonds in warm water for half an hour and peel the skin.
- Blend it to fine paste with little milk.
- Add sugar, milk powder and blend the paste again.
- Heat ghee in a non stick wok / pan.
- Add almond paste and cook on medium heat.
- Continue stirring in between.
- Cook this mixture till it turns a thick consistency.
- Add cardamom pwd, food color and mix well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture starts leaving sides of pan.
- Now remove pan from heat.
- Whip the batter using a spatula in circular motion for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grease your palms and shape the mixture into small balls.
- Flatten it and press gently in the middle to make a small dent.
- Decorate pedas with grated pistachios, almond and cashewnuts.
- Enjoy the delicious taste of all time favorite home made Almond Pedas..
With these sweet Pedas, wishing you all a very happy New Year..!!
May this new year will bring you all success..:))