Ambur Biryani ~ Sunday Special ..!
Ambur Chicken Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Ambur Biryani is a famous & special type of Biryani of South India which emerged during the Nawab of Arcot’s regime. This one is a dum biryani & I enjoyed cooking it.
It has an unique appetizing taste and the rich spicy taste lies in the preparation method & mixing of the ingredients at right proportion.Here is the secret recipe for you, try it out & delight your family with yet another interesting biryani..:)
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Oil - 6 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 2
- Cardamom - 3
- Cloves - 5
- Onion - 3
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Red chilly pwd - 2 ½ tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Biryani masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Tomato - 2
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Yoghurd - 1 small cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak biryani rice for 5 mins.
- Drain water and reserve.
- Clean chicken pieces in running water and strain water from it.
- Take 2 pans and heat them simultaneously
- In one pan, add water and allow to boil without covering with lid.
- In the other pan, add oil and heat.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, wait to splutter.
- Add chopped onion and roast it to golden in medium flame.
- Add garlic paste and add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Now add ginger paste and toss continuously.
- Add red chilly pwd, chopped tomato pieces, fresh lemon juice, yoghurd one by one with stirring.
- Toss it in medium flame till oil separates ( approx for 5 mins )
- Now biryani masala curry with strong and rich aroma has been prepared.
- In this stage, add chicken pieces, saute it in masala curry.
- Add salt and required water.
- Allow to cook for 10 mins.
- Now add soaked and strained biryani rice to the first pan with boiling water.
- Allow the rice to get half cooked.
- Transfer this rice to the biryani masala curry prepared above in the second pan.
- Stir and close it with a lid.
- Allow to cook in medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
- Remove from flame & cook it in “ dhum “
- For cooking in “ dhum “ , heat a strong dosa girdle on the flame.
- Place the biryani pan on top of the girdle.
- Now take a wide bowl, add 4 tumblers of hot water to it.
- Place this bowl on top of the lid of biryani pan.
- Keep the biryani in “ dhum “ like this for 15 mins.
- Once it is done, open the lid and fluff the biryani gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with spicy curry & onion raitha.
- Mouthwatering Aambur Chicken Biryani is ready to delight your taste buds..!
Related Quick Links: