Sweet Somas / Diwali Sweet Recipes
I would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a great start to the New Year..!
The warmth &
joy of Christmas
bring us closer to each otherMay the good times
and treasures of the present
become the golden memories of tomorrow
Wish you lots of love, joy & happiness.Merry Christmas..:)
Check out the yummy Christmas special recipes here.
I am so happy to share another lipsmacking festive dish, Somas Sweet today with you. This crispy deep fried snack with lipsmacking stuffing inside, is such a treat for all sweet lovers. This is very easy to make too..!
Try this tasty sweet treat today & delight your kids..!!
we shall see how to make this now..
Ingredients needed for Stuffing:
- Fine coconut shreds - ½ cup
- Rava (sooji ) - 1 cup
- Fried gram - ¼ cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom / elaichi pwd - ¼ tsp
For Somas (outer) dough
- Maida - 2 cups
- Roasted rava - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to fry
To prepare the inside stuffing ( Poornam )
- Grate coconut to fine shreds.
- Roast rava and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a fry pan.
- Add grated cashew, coconut shreds, fried gram powdered, sugar, roasted rava and cardamom pwd.
- Saute till rich aroma comes out.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Poornam is ready for stuffing.
To prepare Somas:
- In a wide bowl, take maida and 1 tbsp roasted rava.
- Add a pinch of salt and knead it to soft dough by sprinkling water. ( just as we do for making pooris )
- Keep the dough covered for 5 to 10 mins.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Roll it to small discs.
- Keep the poornam inside and close it
- Fold it as semicircle and seal the ends with little oil.
- Repeat the same for all the balls.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Deep fry the somas in medium flame to golden.
- Delicious somas is ready to share & enjoy..