Walnut Chicken / Akhrot Murgh
Walnut Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This is an epicurious recipe , which I tried recently and my family LOVED this..!
In this rich curry, the chicken is cooked with spices & powdered Walnut. The recipe is uncomplicated and easy to follow & produces a tasty curry full of creamy texture and flavor.
We know walnuts are rich source of energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
Lets pop some Walnuts daily in our menu, for a healthy heart , to loose weight and to sleep well.
Here's an easy recipe to prepare best Walnut Chicken...!
- Walnuts - 1 cup
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Red chilly crushed - 1
- Curry masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop chicken pieces to small pieces.
- Marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, lemon juice, salt and ginger garlic paste for 30 minutes
- Dry roast walnuts for a minute, cool and grind it to fine powder in a blender.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add onion and sauté until golden.
- Add tomato puree and sauté till oil separates.
- Add pepper pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, crushed red chilly and combine.
- Add marinated chicken, mix everything.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook the chicken in this gravy, till tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked completely, add powdered walnuts and curry masala pwd.
- Mix well and bring it to boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- If the gravy is too thick, add little water as required.
- Add fresh cream and cook further for a minute in simmer.
- Lipsmacking and healthy Walnut chicken curry ready to taste.
- Serve hot with Naan , Roti, Rice or Bread or anything of your choice.
Related Quick Links: