Seppankilangu Fry / Arbi Fry / Veg Fry Recipes
Seppankilangu Varuval Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Seppankilangu roast is a delicious and favorite fry among the South Indians...!!
Also this veggie is commonly known as Colacasia / Tara root or Arbi. This dish is very simple and easy to cook.
My mom prepare this crispy and super spiced stir fry to go along with hot onion sambar rice & I just loooove this combo from my childhood...:)
Also it makes a great side dish with variety rice menus.
Here goes the favorite Seppankilangu Varuval recipe. Enjoy..!!
- Seppankilangu ( Colacasia ) - ¼ kg
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Saunf pwd - ¼ tsp
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and pressure cook the colacasia, until it is well cooked.
- Take care not to overcook, as the fry may turn messy.
- Peel off the skin.
- Slice to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Temper with saunf pwd.
- Add finely chopped onions, curry leaves and sauté to light brown.
- Now add the tomatoes, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and fry until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook covered.
- Once the oil separates from the fry, add the sliced colacasia and mix well.
- Simmer and deep fry till the outer layer of the colacasia turns golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Makes an excellent combo with any rice dish.