Mutton Soup / Hearty recipe for cold wintery days..!
Mutton Soup: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am going to share with you a simple, healthy & tasty mutton soup recipe…!
This hearty soup warms up the coldest wintery days as it is a very good remedy for common cold & cough.. Also this thin & light soup makes a fine & refreshing start for the main meal.
In this recipe, the mutton / lamb pieces are cooked with lots of seasonings till tender The spicy hot taste will make you to prepare again & again and even kids will love it.
Try this delicious recipe today...:)
- Mutton pieces ( Bones ) - 8 to 10
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Toor dal - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - 1 ½ tsp
- Fresh mint & cilantro leaves - handful
- Oil - ½ tsp
- Fennel seed pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean mutton bony pieces.
- For soup, mutton bone must be more than the mutton flesh. ( this gives good taste & aroma to soup )
- Crush ginger & garlic coarsely.
- In a pressure cooker, add meat, onion, tomato, crushed ginger garlic, toor dal, turmeric pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water and pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 mins.
- The mutton should be cooked tender, so adjust the cooking time according to the mutton you will get in your place.
- Open lid, after pressure settles.
- Smash the contents.
- Add pepper pwd, mint and cilantro leaves.
- Mean while heat oil in a pan.
- Add fennel seed pwd and saute for few seconds.
- Add to mutton soup.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Serve steaming hot in a serving bowl.
- Healthy & tasty mutton soup ready to enjoy.
Related Quick Links: