Mooli Parathas / Radish or Daikon Parathas
Mooli Paratha: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
It always feels good to have hot & soft mooli parathas on a cold wintery day ! It is a treat that is relished by all, who like the taste of fresh & healthy radish.
This is another favorite paratha recipe from the land of Punjab. This radish flavored flatbread tastes lipsmacking. Usually I serve this with yoghurd, pickle or any curry.
Try this yummy mooli paratha recipe today,
that is sure to win you heart..:)
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- White radish - 2
- Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and grate the radish well using a vegetable grater.
- Add a tsp of salt to the grated radish, mix well and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water.
- Now add red chilly pwd and garam masala pwd.
- Mix well.
- Add wheat flour, butter and salt to it.
- Knead it together to make a soft dough.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into slightly larger than lemon sized balls.
- Flatter each ball, by dusting with some flour..
- Roll out into circle, with rolling pin.
- Heat a frying girdle and when it is very hot, place the rolled out dough on it.
- Leave dough for a minute and turn over.
- After a minute or so the paratha will slowly start to bubble up.
- Now drizzle one tsp of melted butter or cooking oil on top of the parathas and turn over.
- The paratha immediately start to rise.
- When it is golden brown on both sides, remove from frying pan.
- Healthy mooli paratha is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with ghee, raitha or any chutney..:)
Related Quick Links: