How to make Ghee / Clarified Butter at home / Easy stepwise pics :
LIKE US ON YOUTUBE FOR VIDEO RECIPES
How to make Ghee at home:
Ghee occupies a prime place in Indian cuisine...! Simply it is a must in the pantry of any traditional home. Its always a good idea to have, fresh homemade ghee, as nothing can beat the rich, flavorful, creamy texture of homemade ghee.Many of us think making ghee at home was lot more complicated. But the reality is, its super easy to prepare aromatic ghee at home. At low cost, we can get high quality ghee with simple process. All we need is fresh unsalted butter.
Ghee is used in cooking, for serving, dipping into or brushing on food. It adds an extra taste to any dish & very good for kids as its good for health & digestion.
Try this easy way to make pure Desi ghee at home & enjoy the rich aroma..:)
- Unsalted full fat Butter - 400 g
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel / kadai or pan on a medium flame.
- Put the unsalted butter.
- Simmer and allow to melt and then cook.
- Stir it once in a while.
- As time goes by, it will form a thin foamy layer on top with the light yellow liquid on the bottom.
- In a while, the light yellow liquid gets transculent & we can see some thick milk solids at the bottom of pan.
- Continue stirring once in a while.
- When you see the liquid bubbling, and looks transparent, with light golden yellow color , with white foams on top – sprinkle just a little water with your hands on foam all over the pan.
- This helps to reduce & separate the foam easier & the solids slowly start sink to the bottom.
- When you see the dark golden yellow colored clear liquid easily, its time to remove from the heat.
- Take care if you heat it longer, ghee till scorch & get useless.
- Add a pinch of salt, mix well. This helps to get grainy texture of ghee.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy the rich aroma spreading all over the home.
- Strain it through a mesh or tea strainer in a dry jar.
- This golden yellow liquid in a couple of hours will become grainy.
- Fresh & aromatic homemade ghee is ready for use
- We can store it at room temperature, does not need to be refrigerated.
The leftover milk solids in the strainer can be used in cooking, like adding it to wheat flour while kneading for making roti, or it can be eaten with the addition of sugar, it tastes like khoya.
Inspiration Source: SpushtWishing a lovely day to all..!