Homemade Crispy Potato Chips & Awards..!
Homemade Crispy Potato Chips:
Who doesn’t love munching on homemade crisp n spicy potato chips with hot cup of chai in a chill evening…?
Yes, they make the perfect snack that everybody loves and tastes really good, seasoned with freshly ground pepper and red chilly pwd.
The biggest secret to making light and crispy potato chips is to soak the potato slices in water to wash away the excess starch. The slices to be even, with a thickness of 0.5 mm. With a mandolin slicer, you can get even slices quickly, as opposed to slicing them by hand.
And the oil temperature in frypan is important too. The potato slices have to be deep fried in very hot oil. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Fry the slices in batches to golden.
Try out this tasty & easy alternative to store-bought potato chips and delight your kids…!
- Potatoes - 4 to 5
- Oil - for deep frying
- Freshly ground pepper - ½ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Slice potatoes to thin slices using mandolin slicer.
- Put all sices in a big bowl of water.
- Allow to soak for about 20 minutes.
- Drain water completely from potato slices, using paper towels.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Drop the slices in batches.
- Make sure that the slices, do not stick to each other and all are under the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain and reserve on kitchen tissue.
- While chips are hot, season with salt, freshly ground pepper and red chilly pwd.
- Lipsmacking crisp n crunchy homemade potato chips ready.
Related Quick Links:Wishing a lovely day to all..