Coconut Milk Rice / Healthy Lunch-box Menus
Coconut Milk Rice:
All we need for this recipe is rice & coconut milk. Basmati rice is cooked in coconut milk, instead fo water, which imparts an exotic flavor. And another special ingredient of this recipe is the addition of curry leaves, this makes a delicious combo.
This flavorful rice goes well wilth hot & spicy veg or non-veg curry.
Try this soothing rice dish recipe today & enjoy..!
- Thick Coconut milk - 1 full cup
- Basmati rice - 1 ½ cups
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cashew - 4
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Curry leaves - handful
- fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure pan.
- Season with bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, cashew nuts and curry leaves.
- Once they pop-up, add basmati rice and mix well.
- Add thick coconut milk, 1 1/2 cup water, salt and combine.
- Cover with lid and cook together in the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 3 whistles and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Fluff gently and serve hot.
- Enjoy the delicious taste of coconut milk rice with Aloo roast, pappad or with any curry.
Related Quick Links: