Urad Dal Murukku / Traditional Indian Savory Snack
Urad Dal Murukku:
Today, I am going to share one of the amazing festive snack, Urad dal murukku recipe. This is one of the snacks, which always get vanished in a day, no matter in how large quantity it is made.
This traditional savory snack is prepared with urad dal, rice flour and butter, during festivals like Diwali and Krishna Jayanti. Its also enjoyed throughout the year...!!
Here is the easy & tasty to make snack recipe, and I am sure your family is going to enjoy it very much.:)
Check out the Diwali Sweets & Savories recipes here.
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 ½ cup
- Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Hing - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 3 to 4 tsbsp
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak urad dal for 1 hour.
- Drain water completely.
- Grind it to fluffy batter by sprinkling little water.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilly pwd, cumin, sesame, hing, butter and rice flour.
- Combine well to thick dough consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fill small portion of the dough into murukku mould.
- Once the oil is hot, press the murukku directly in hot oil in form of circles.
- Keep the flame in medium.
- Deep fry the murukku to golden.
- Make sure, it gets cooked evenly on both sides, flip over accordingly.
- Drain in a kitchen tissue.
- Allow to cool and store it in air tight containers.
- Yummy and healthy urad dal murukku ready to munch with lipsmacking sweets combo
Related Quick Links: