Idly / Kanchipuram Idly Recipe
Kanchipuram Idli: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Kanchipuram Idly is a special recipe of Kanchipuram , which is a holy city in Tamilnadu. This mildly spiced rice cakes tastes delicious with rich aroma. Its very good for health and makes a filling breakfast or dinner.
In this recipe, the idly batter is prepared with idly rice, urad dal and tempered with spices. This recipe is a big hit in my family and it tastes excellent with coconut chutney and sambar.
Here is the delicious Indian food Kanchipuram Idly recipe..:)
- Idly rice - 1 ½ cup
- Raw rice - ½ cup
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 to 6
- Red chilly - 1
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Crushed pepper - 1 tsp
- Split urad dal - ½ tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak raw rice, idly rice and urad dal together in water for 5 to 6 hrs or overnight.
- Drain out water and grind it in grinder to coarse batter.
- Add salt and keep it aside to ferment for atleast 7 to 8 hrs.
- Once the batter is fermented, stir well.
- Heat ghee in a fry pan.
- Temper with mustard, cumin, curry leaves, red chilly, grated ginger, freshly crushed pepper, grated cashew, split urad dal, hing and chana dal.
- Add the seasonings to the batter and combine.
- Grease the idly plates with sesame oil and pour batter.
- Steam cook for 12 to 15 mins.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney .
- Healthy and lipsmacking Kanchipuram Idly is ready to taste now..!
Related Quick Links: