Cumin Pepper Rice / Milagu Jeeragam Sadham / Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
Cumin Pepper Rice: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Cumin Pepper Rice is one of the best flavored variety rice dish. This can be prepared very easily with minimum efforts. And this simple aromatic rice makes a healthy & quick lunch box menu for kids.
I love the rich aroma and the special flavor of this dish, and it can be taken with any curry or crispy chips. In this recipe, the cumin and pepper are dry roasted, grinded and added to rice in hot ghee with tempering.
Enjoy this fabulous & tasty pepper cumin rice recipe, that is sure to spice up any meal.
- Pepper - 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin / Jeera - 2 tsp
- Cooked rice - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Bengal gram dal - 1 tsp
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Cashew nuts - 6 to 7
- Garlic pods (optional) - 3 to 4
- Curry leaves - a few
- Dry roast cumin and pepper in a fry pan till rich aroma comes out.
- Allow to cool.
- In a mixer, grind it to coarse powder.
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add urad dal, bengal gram dal, asafetida, cashew nuts, garlic pods and sauté for a while.
- Add the curry leaves finally and turn off the flame.
- Now add the cooked rice, salt and freshly ground pepper cumin powder into the kadai.
- Mix well along with the tempering.
- Turn on the flame, and toss the rice gently for few minutes.
- Remove it from flame.
- Healthy and flavorful cumin pepper rice is ready.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish like papad, chips or potato fry.
Related Quick Links: