Golden brown colored Crispy Onion Vadas are usually enjoyed as wonderful eve snack or tiffin. This savory snack is made from soaked and ground urad dal, flavored with chopped onion, green chillies , ginger, curry leaves and deep fried in oil.
The secret to make Vadas to have a crispy exterior and soft interior, is to add 2 tbsp raw rice while soaking urad dal. Vada’s exquisite flavor and deep aroma invites one n all and goes great as a evening tea snack..!
Here goes the recipe of very tasty plus
easy to fix snack recipe for you to try out..:)
· Urad dal - 2 cups
· Raw rice - 2 tbsp
· Onion big - 1
· Ginger - small piece
· Green chilly - 2
· Asafetida pwd - a pinch
· Curry & coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Wash and soak urad dal, raw rice for 1 hour.
2. Chop onion to thin slices.
3. Chop ginger, green chilly, curry and coriander leaves.
4. Drain the water from urad dal and grind it to smooth paste with the addition of salt.
5. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Mix asafetida, onion, ginger, green chilly, curry and coriander leaves.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Make small balls out of the thick batter.
9. Pat it flat and drop in hot oil.
10. Turn it occasionally and fry.
11. Let it crisp and golden brown.
12. Serve hot with chutney and sambar.
13. Lipsmacking onion vada ready to enjoy…!