Kaju Katli / Cashew Fudge:
Kaju Katli is one of the special sweets made on the joyous occasion of Diwali. It is an attractive dessert of Indian Origin, also one of the most expensive Indian Sweet dish.
Making it at home is super easy & quick. The main ingredients are cashew nuts, sugar and ghee. This exotic dessert makes a delicious treat for any special occasion too, and has a long shelf life..!
Here goes the traditional & easy to prepare recipe of Kaju Katli.
- Cashew nuts - 250 g
- Powder sugar - 200 g
- Cardamom pwd - 1 tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Clarified butter / ghee - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Soak the cashew nuts in milk for about an hour.
- Drain the milk completely.
- Grind the soaked cashew in a grinder to fine mixture.
- Take a heavy bottome wok / kadai.
- Heat 4 tbsp of ghee.
- Add the above cashew nut mix.
- Stir it on medium flame for about 6 to 8 mins till it makes a solid texture.
- Now add powder sugar and cardamom.
- Give a quick stir.
- The sugar dissolves and forms a liquid consistency and thickens on stirring.
- Keep stirring until the fudge, starts rolling from the sides of the wok.
- Mix well making a thick form.
- Turn off flame.
- Take the cashew dough out on a flat surface and allow to cool for few minutes.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin into a thin sheet. Usage of butter paper will be helpful, as it is sticky.
- Cut into diamonds. Garnish with few saffron strands.
- Homemade Kaju Katli ready to enjoy..:)
Click Here for more lipsmacking Diwali Sweets...!