Boondi Ladoo is an All time favorite Indian Sweet. This scrumptious looking and heavenly tasting ladoos are prepared on several special occasions and festivals..!
Delicious Ladoos can be prepared easily. The main ingredients are chickpea flour / besan flour / gram flour, ghee, sugar syrup, cardamom and cashewnuts.
Here comes the recipe of Boodhi Ladoo made at home from generations..:)
- Besan flour - 1 ½ cup
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Oil - to fry
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cashew -10 to 12
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Cloves - 5 to 6
- Cardamom - 5
- Saffron - few strands
- Take besan flour, rice flour and salt in a wide vessel.
- Add water and mix well to bajji batter consistency.
- In another pan, take sugar and ¾ cup of water.
- Allow to boil with stirring.
- Make a sticky syrup of one thread consistency.
- Now heat oil in a wide kadai or wok.
- Through a boondi karandi / sieve , pour some of the batter.
- Fry the boodhi in medium heat with quick stirring.
- When they’re slightly golden color and stops sizzling, remove from heat.
- The boodhis shouldn’t turn crisp in oil, then the ladoos wont be soft and tasty.
- It should only be ¾ th done.
- Now drop the fried boondhis, in the hot sugar syrup.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Heat a 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Roast cashew, cardamom, cloves and raisins to golden.
- Add this and saffron strands to the soaked boondhi. Mix well.
- While the boodhi mixture is still warm, shape it to round ladoos.
- Allow to cool. It will become soft & moist.
- Lipsmacking ladoos ready to enjoy..!
- Can be stored in air tight containers for 10 days and in refrigerator for more than 20 days.