Rava Kichadi Recipe / Dinner Recipes
Yummy yummy Rawa kichadi with coconut chutney is a very popular & healthy Indian breakfast menu . It is an anytime, quick balanced meal in a bowl. This wonderful recipe is of course a quicky and easy one from the kitchen to dining table.
So, here goes the recipe for you..!
· White Rawa ( cream of wheat ) - 1 cup
· Ghee - 2 tsp
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Onion - 2
· Bay leaf - 1
· Cloves - 1
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Garlic - 4 pods
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Tomato - 1
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
1. Chop onion to thin slices.
2. Heat ghee in a fry pan.
3. Fry rawa in ghee, till rich aroma comes out.
4. Keep it aside and let it cool.
5. Add 2 tsp of oil in the same fry pan.
6. Add bay leaf, cloves and cumin.
7. Wait to crackle.
8. Add flakes of garlic.
9. Add chopped onion and green chillies slit lengthwise.
10. Sauté for a minute.
11. Add chopped tomatoes and salt.
12. Cook tomatoes with stirring.
13. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
14. Lower the flame, add rawa, combine and cook covered.
15. Cook for few minutes stirring once in a while.
16. Garnish with golden roasted cashew and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
17. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutney of your choice.
18. Yummy and tasty Rawa Kichadi ready to enjoy..~