Banana Flower Fritters / Banana Flower Vada / Vazhai Poo Vadai
Banana Flower Fritters:
Are you looking for a yummy Indian snack to enjoy your evening with piping hot coffee ? Here is the simple & delectable Banana Flower Fritter recipe .
This is one of the authentic Tamilnadu delicacy. In this recipe, the cleaned and chopped banana flower is ground with gram dhal and spices & deep fried in oil.
If you find time and a banana flower in nearby market, just buy it..!
Banana flower is high in protein content and is very good for stomach & helps in digestion .
Here, we go with the recipe of the crispy & healthy snack..;)
· Chopped banana flowers - 1 cup
· Bengal gram dal - ½ cup
· Fennel seed - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Green chilly - 1
· Onion - 1
· Curry and coriander leaves - handful
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak bengal gram dal for 1 hour.
2. Grind it to coarse batter with fennel seeds, cumin, asafetida, salt .
3. The batter should be thick, so don’t add water.
4. Now add chopped banana flowers and grind further for few seconds.
5. Transfer the coarse batter to bowl.
6. Add chopped onion, green chilly, curry and coriander leaves.
7. Mix everything and make small balls.
8. Heat oil in a fry pan.
9. Once the oil is hot, take the balls, pat it to vada shape.
10. Drop gently in hot oil.
11. Deep fry them, till they are golden brown on both sides.
12. Turn them once in a while.
13. Once the vada is crisp, remove from oil and drain on kitchen tissue.
14. Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
15. Healthy and tasty banana flower fritters ready to munch now..!
2. Dahi Vada
3. Keerai Vada
4. Milagu Vada
6. Masal Vada &
7. Medu Vada