Egg Dosa / Muttai Dosai
Egg Dosa :
Egg Dosa is simple, tasty and filling breakfast dish. This dosa is the most favorite lunch box tiffin of my kids. The recipe is very very quick, can be prepared on finger tips..!
It makes a very tasty combination with Coconut chutney, Sambar, Tomato Chutney, Green Chutney or with Chicken Curry.
Here goes the traditional and mouthwatering Egg Dosa recipe..!
To make Dosa Batter at home:
Take rice and urad dhal in 3:1 ratio, soak for 5 to 6 hrs. Drain water and grind it to smooth batter. Add salt , mix well and allow to ferment overnight.
· Dosa batter - 2 cups
· Eggs - depends on the no. of dosa u prepare
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Pepper & salt - to taste
1. Heat dosa pan.
2. Rub it with oil.
3. Once the pan is hot, pour a ladle full of batter.
4. Spread it in concentric circles.
5. Make it as thin as possible.
6. Break one egg, at the centre of the dosa and spread it.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper pwd.
8. Drizzle oil along the edges of the dosa.
9. Cover and cook, making sure the egg is fully cooked.
10. Once it turns crisp and golden, flip over and cook for few seconds.
11. Now fold it out on to a plate.
12. Serve hot.
14. Healthy and tasty Muttai / Egg Dosai ready to enjoy..!